Thursday, February 28, 2013

3rd party apps and North Social


Wow, just 2 weeks ago I had recommended North Social as affordable, easy interface for newbies to create their fangates and contests. I hadn't been back to North Social since last July when we finished our Balloon and Wine Festival promotions so I didn't know they had raised their rates.

I'm sorry to all those I misled.  I don't think a base rate of $5.99 a day is inexpensive - really I don't. So here is another one for you to check into - ShortStack.  I have also tried Pagemodo and Tabsite but didn't care for the user interface - clunky and not as professional looking as North Social - but that was a few years ago.

I'll keep you updated once I've worked through the ShortStack interface. But for now it is less expensive and offers many of the same bells and whistles.  Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, still deciding between Vocus and Cision, although I decided to look into mymediainfo/Thomson Reuters. Online reviews seemed to switch between the three. I'm leaning towards Vocus.

Vocus recently joined forces - or last year to be precise - with North Social so based upon the current Vocus pricing and North Social Pricing - the two have made sure you have to buy the "full package" to get North Social apps with media database and tracking/analytic services.

No comments:

Post a Comment